Abeba - White + Black - Hand Woven Rug
The Abeba rug designed by Mifuko was inspired by the capital of Ethiopia, whose name Addis Ababa means "new flower" in the local language. The pattern of the rug resembles the bricks of the buildings or the rhythm of the city's criss-crossing
roads. The natural hue of the sheep's wool are beautifully vivid and the brown is like sun-burnt earth.
Sera Helsinki rugs provide to improve the living standards of the artisans by empowering the most vulnerable groups in Ethiopia: people with disabilities and single mothers. Combining modern Finnish design with traditional Ethiopian craftsmanship.
- Design: Mifuko / Minna Impiö & Mari Martikainen
- Col: natural white & black
- Material: 100% pure natural wool with natural lanolin which repel stains and dirt
- 1/4" thick
- Custom sizes available on request
- This product is hand-made to order, lead-time is 10-12 weeks